A Guide to Evaluate Foundation Contractor Proposals
There are a number of factors can cause damage to the home particularly its foundation. Cracks and leaks are just some signs of foundation damage. A slight damage to your house foundation can lead to other problems such as insect infection, leaks, collapsed walls, leaks and many more such issues.
Fortunately, you can hire a professional foundation contractor to help you. However, with all the professional contractors in the marketplace, it’s really not easy how to review foundation contractor proposals.
Here are a few factors you must consider in selection a professional foundation contractor who can fix foundation problems and protect home value as well:
1. Experience, is the first factor that comes into the picture. Choose a contractor who has adequate experience in foundation issues and repairs. A well experienced foundation contractor will properly identify the reason of the damage as well as use the best techniques to repair it.
2. On-Site Inspection – Initial Assessment – There are various possible reasons of foundation damages. Getting to know the core cause of the issue will help you in evaluating the best techniques to fix the damage effectively. A professional foundation contractor will provide an on-site inspection to find out the basic cause of the foundation damage. Such an assessment will give the contractor a better idea to handle the problem. If you are considering on how to review foundation contractor proposals then you must only deal with companies which specialize in this kind of service.
3. Options Offered – What are the different solutions offered by the foundation contractor? Do they provide a good range of resolutions for different budgets and locations? A good foundation contractor can fix all kinds of home foundation damage including tilting chimneys, cracked walls and jammed windows. Choose a professional contractor who is able of handle all these issues to ensure that your house is fixed and your property value is protected.
4. Duration – you need to reflect on the time a foundation contractor will take to fix the issue. Most foundation damages are resolved within a week though it depends on the severity and type of the problem. Before accepting a proposal, make sure you are offered a specific time frame for the project. Contractors who cut short and take less time to finish leave you with inconvenient experiences later. However, a contractor has to assure you that the job they do would be of the finest quality and that they offer a transferable warranty.
5. Specialized Products – Lastly, on how to review foundation contractor proposals, make sure the contractor uses products which are specially manufactured for foundation repairs. Speak to the foundation contractor about the different products that are going to be used and their pros and cons as well. Some products might not be as helpful as others and might cost more especially in the longer run. Make sure you ask the foundation contractors about their experiences with respect to the usage of those particular products.